I won an award – woho! Thank you, thank you! Versatile blogger = me. I am blushing (or not. I only do that when I blog about inappropriate things, or talk to cute blokes….in other words: rather often.).
I am to reveal seven fun facts about myself and pass the award on to 15 other bloggers. Because I had already indulged in writing a list about “a few of my favorite things” (not necessarily in the order written) I figure you will find seven facts about me in there…at the bottom you will find some of my fav bloggers.
1) Life…mother nature…the sea, sunny days, moonlit skies, starry nights, freaky weather (just not too freaky), flowers and greenery, mountains, animals that don’t bite, sting, or do other rude things.
2) Love (dah)…for all, for friends, for lovers…
3) People…experiencing them, exploring them, looking them deep in the eye, hugging them… I also suffer from a fascination of the mind and mentalism.
4) Traveling…mainly for the sake of meeting people with different ideas, seeing the wonders of the world and the cultures people have created…the architecture and design of Morocco, the everything of France (have you watched the sunrise by Notre Dame? The moon from Sacre Couer? The smell of patisseries in Montmartre in the morning? Mint tea in Le Marais? Lunch by the Seine? Stared yourself blind at the Mona Lisa? Visited fairytale villages in Provence? …OK, I’ll stop…just saying…), the Swedish archipelago (you especially have to make a fire on the cliffs and BBQ your freshly caught fish in the late hours of the evening, as the sun paints everything a beautiful orange), the paradise life in LA, the temples of China….ah, *sigh*
5) Food…cook it, eat it, philosophize about it…paint someone with it…ahem…
6) Dancing…anywhere, everywhere, any how, however…just moving, feeling your body sway with the music, alive, zest…
7) The six senses…the feeling of satin sheets and someone’s body, the taste of vanilla, the sight of the sunrise, the sound of waves against the hull, the smell of flowers, the sensation of something new…who said this isn’t paradise?
8 ) Books…explore, demand knowledge, indulge, get swept away, laugh till you cry…
9) Laughter. Immense laughter. Thunderous laughter.
10) Kissing. Sex. Of course.
11) Liberty. Freedom.
12) Morals. Honesty. Integrity. Straightforwardness. Kindness, compassion, understanding, sharing…humanity.
13) Spirituality….including Jesus, Buddha and a few other cool peeps.
He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye. – Buddha
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. – Jesus
14) Cats…miauw…I’m a Leo…go figure.
15) The idea that life is an adventure and I am the captain of my ship.
16) Isabel Allende, John Steinbeck, Elizabeth Peters, Tennessee Williams, Thornton Wilder, Gary Chapman, Don Miguel Ruiz, O’Henry, Oscar Wilde
“Disobedience, in the eyes of anyone who has read history, is man’s original virtue. It is through disobedience and rebellion that progress has been made.” – Oscar Wilde
17) Actors that can act, directors that can direct and (screen)plays that make sense.
18) Shakespeare’s sense of humor (if not his sense of logic)
19) Da Vinci…for his ideas…
20) Branson…any time, any place, any how…
21) Thunder and lightening by the sea, in a house, with a guy.
22) Sailors, Jesters & Adventurers
23) Txt messages from friends and nice blokes
24) Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Walk The Line, The Departed, Raising Victor Vargas.
“You know, I believe if there’s any kind of God, it wouldn’t be in any of us. Not you, or me… but just this little space in between. If there’s any kind of magic in this world, it must be in the attempt of understanding someone, sharing something (sigh). I know, it’s almost impossible to succeed, but… who cares, really? The answer must be in the attempt.” – Before Sunrise by Richard Linklater
25) High heels, short skirts, tight ass jeans
26) The opening scenes of Bridget Jones’ Diary and La Fille Sur Le Pont
27) Sexy underwear, or no underwear.
28) Skinny dipping
30) You, for reading this.
31) Lay Lady Lay
33) Entrepreneurship. Creativity. Marketing. Acting. Directing. Writing. Painting. Photography. Drawing.
34) Open mindedness. Rebellion.
35) Grand ideas that people actually execute.
36) Common sense (highly undervalued by some).
37) The love of my life, whoever he is. My best friend. My sister. My family. My friends. My teachers. My biz partner. My mentors. Random strangers that smile at me. All the frogs I’ve ever kissed.
38) Those who keep a warm heart, a smile on their face, an open mind, courage and determination, during the good, the bad, the ugly and the wonderful.
39) Swearing like a Londoner, for fuck’s sake.
40) Jared Leto + acoustic guitar and making dreams become reality. As you may, or may not (horrors) know, this bloke was in a series called My So-Called Life, that rocked just about every teenagers’ life back in the day. Now, since I heard him sing this song in the series, I wanted to see him live. With an acoustic guitar if possible. I did yesterday. It feels weird when you get to see something you have wanted to see (or hear) for…ahem…13 or so odd years (and you realize you are…older..but you still negotiate your way from the C section to the pit and sit on someone’s shoulder singing along…ahem..). (For the record, as I got so close, I now know he has a great ass. And he still looks like 32.) So now you all think I am still a ridiculous teenager. Marvelous. ‘Cuz I am forever young.
41) Hot tub/café/couch + wine/hot choc/tea + good company = divine
My nominated Bloggers (some have already won this award, but what the heck) – some of them I just found as I went on a search for this post (and I still don’t have fifteen…give me a few days and I will mention other great bloggers!), others I have followed for a while. Believe it or not – with all this blogging, I don’t have that much time to read blogs, but these guys n gals are totally worth it!!!: Stories From The Stove – The Whatever Factor – View From A Wolf – Just Kate – The Harrods Girl - A Fly On The Wall – In Pursuit Of Martha Points – 101 Cookbooks - Improvised Life – Thoughts Appear - Life Just Is
As mentioned, we went to see 30 Seconds To Mars, and here are some sweet photos from a most amazing night (my sister who was far, far away, wanted them…so here goes). Please do not replicate these photos without linking them/mentioning the source. Thank you.
The audience was eagerly awaiting…
…and…ahem…an acoustic guitar…
Choir made up of the audience behind him for Kings + Queens
The band seemed to have a great time on the stage, which made it nice to watch!
(just so you know – his mohican isn’t pink – it’s pomegranate…according to himself only, lol)
Thanks to Jared Leto, Shannon Leto, Tomo Milicevic & 30 Seconds To Mars fans for a great night!